Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hiking


So I've spent the last two Sundays hiking in the area around Graz. Still haven't made it to the Alps to hike, but I'm hoping I can swing that before I head back to the States this summer. Last Sunday, I went with some friends to a mountain called Schöckl, about 15km from Graz. At an elevation of about one mile, it was a pretty decent hike. The hail, rain, and sleet we encountered on the way up made it even more difficult. But in the end, it was totally worth it. Gorgeous views, gulaschesuppe, and some sort of bread with meat/fat spread. Not a lot more one could ask for. Pics here.

This morning, my friend Petra talked me into a 9am hike through the outskirts of Graz. We started at the northern end, just a 5min walk from where i live. We headed up to a small mountain called Platte and then back down to the other side of Graz -- all-in-all, about a 3-hour hike. I had no idea you could actually "hike" in town. Streams, bridges, mountains, dirt paths --- all ending in a tram stop at Mariatrost to get us back home. I can't wait to check out more of these urban trails. You always fine the coolest stuff right before you have to leave...

Pics from today's hike

1 comment:

sewa mobil said...

Nice article.....thankyou